Introducing "Ray of Light" Keegan Carter
1. Which of our three virtues do you identify with most and why?
I identify most strongly with the Spirit of Service virtue. I would not say that my entire life has been dedicated to helping others, but in everything I do I look for ways to impact the people around me. I'm a major fan of humanity. I think it governs the way the entire world works and the world works best when it is governed by humanity.
2. Did you have a role model/ mentor that inspired you to do what you are doing?
My largest role model thus far in my life has been the musician, businessman and art-enthusiast, Swizz Beats. I mostly appreciate his eclectic taste and interests that extend far beyond his humble beginnings. He's affirmed to me that it OK to step outside of what you originally knew to create the best version of yourself.
3. What is the best advice you’ve received to date?
It doesn't matter what you do next as long as you keep going because it's all additive in the end.
4. How do you see/ understand your responsibility to your community?
My responsibility to my community is based on what I've been blessed with. I think those who can see who tell others. Those who can hear should relay the message. And those who can go should come back to teach those that could not. So the number of blessings that I have come into as a result of hard work, luck and passion are my "why" for helping other people.
5. Ultimately, what does success look like to you?
It can only be determined on a case by case basis. There is no objectivity to the term, which is why the perspective on it varies by age, culture, era, etc. Success to me is more aligned with the notion of inner excellence. My goal on this earth is to uncover the very best version of my self in all senses (mentally, spiritually & physically) so that I can help others do the very same thing.
6. How can people learn more about you and the work that you're doing? Do you have a website and/or SM handles you'd like to share? *
I'm personally invested in many things at the moment, but the best way to follow my general story is via my instagram handle: @complexcarter and you can find my artworks at my website keegancarter.com